Results Snapshot!!

Results to date:
Coming....

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The pants...

We just bought Michael two new pairs of jeans six weeks ago. He always gets his jeans baggy and this last time I told him I thought he should get some that were more fitted. We compromised and got one pair that was fitted, the others were the looser fit.

Well this morning, he pulled on the smaller of the two and came over to me and said, "Um, Sara, I think I need new jeans." I'm thinking yeah right, we just bought those. I turned around and he was holding out the waistband for me to see. Yes, holding it out and not just a little!! There was a good 4-6 inches of gap between the pants and his actual waist. And those were the smaller of the two!

I knew when we started this journey that there would be a financial investment to be made. Healthy food can be a little bit more expensive and then there are the supplements and the protein shakes. But I quickly found that the reality is we are actually spending the same as before, if not less because we are not eating out and we are planning. Additionally, what we are spending on supplements is FAR less than what it would cost to buy each seperately so that to me is just a no brainer! Plus, seeing how effective they are (I'm still tempted to swipe them from Michael and pretend I don't know why they are gone so fast), I feel like I'm getting a bargain!

And though I knew there would be an investment in clothes, I did not expect it so fast! Seriously, we've only been doing this for 3 1/2 weeks! Fortunately, we have a good tailor that lives near us so we can make adjustments to dress clothes until we have no choice but to buy a whole new wardrobe. The jeans are hopeless I'm afraid and will just need to be replaced at this point. But I look at that as more of a reward... who doesn't like buying new clothes?

The results Michael is seeing are amazing! On the commute this morning Michael made the comment that this is definitely a lifestyle change for him. This is not a temporary, passing way of life until a goal is reached. The foods we thought we missed, it turns out we don't. Our initial thought was that we would have one "cheat" meal per week that was a total free pass. We let the kids decide what the treat would be this week and boy have I been paying for that meal. No, I didn't gain back any weight (I did meet my goal), but my stomach has been off ever since and it took several days for that heavy feeling to go away.

I don't like feeling that way and I can't believe that I used to feel that way a lot and just didn't realize it. I'm thinking that the weekly cheat meal is an idea that is going to go away. If I want something, I'm sure I'll still have it; we all have our cravings from time to time. I just don't think that I'll purposely plan it... it was just so not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment