Results Snapshot!!

Results to date:
Coming....

Friday, October 30, 2009

The difference so far....

I've been asked on multiple occasions to post pictures and unfortunately I'm about the worst picture taker ever! (I'm getting better.) So, in an effort to please the masses, I pulled out our camera and started finally downloading pictures only to be met with disappointment. I'm really pretty good at capturing the important moments in my kids lives, but I was totally bummed when I found not one picture with both of us in it. I was close to resigning myself to the fact that I would have to use our family picture that was taken 17 months ago just two short weeks after giving birth (I still can't remember why I thought that was a good idea). That picture is posted at the bottom of our blog.

But today I stumbled across these two gold mines that were taken by friends and to be honest, I was both thrilled and shocked. It's the first time I've really been able to see the change! I mean, I know I've lost 20 pounds; I know Michael has lost more than 20 pounds; I know how I feel and I know that all of my clothes fit differently, but when I saw these two pictures side-by-side I could really see the difference.

Seeing yourself in the mirror everyday tends to blur what is actually happening because change is gradual making it harder to see. I wanted this to be a lasting change so I haven't done anything extreme, unhealthy or crazy in order to see results; it's been small changes and baby steps all along the way. So, like I said, I have mostly been going off of how I feel, but seeing it has really upped the motivation factor.

So ladies and gentlemen, without further ado... here we are!

This was taken just a short time before we started on this journey. Lunch was awesome.... the company was better! :) But I didn't like how I felt back then.






And here we are, twenty (or more) pounds lighter.... YAY!! This was taken just today at Michael's work Halloween party (I think the costumes gave that away).

All I can say is... this was very motivating!! Can't wait to see what another 20 pounds looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment